Cobra King F9 SPEEDBACK Individual Irons and Wedges Clearance
COBRA’s King F9 SPEEDBACK™ Technology pushes the boundaries of conventional iron shaping to optimize low CG and high MOI, creating Cobra’s longest, fastest and most forgiving iron.
- WHAT IT IS? - SPEEDBACK Technology pushes the boundaries of conventional iron shaping to optimize low CG and high MOI, creating Cobra's longest, fastest, and most forgiving iron.
- WHO IT'S FOR? - Ideal for 5-25 handicaps with moderate to faster swing speeds seeking a more forgiving distance iron with enhanced feel.l.
- WHY WE MADE IT? - In early testing, we found drastic performance improvements were possible if we pushed the shape beyond the boundaries of the conventional game-improvement iron. This lead to the introduction of SPEEDBACK Technology - a revolutionary advancement in iron shaping that optimizes low CG and high MOI for true distance with forgiveness.
- SPEEDBACK DESIGN - Much like a wide-body kit adds to the stability of a racecar, SPEEDBACK shaping utilizes a belt of steel that adds mass low and wide, creating a lower, deeper CG that maximizes ball speed, launch and carry while maintaining a conventional sole width.
- FORGED E9 PWRSHELL FACE - An E9 variable thickeness face design is 1.8mm at its thinnest point, expanding the SWEET ZONE to increase distance on off-center hits. A forged PWRSHELL design features a deep undercut sole with a 1.2mm internal Speed Channel that returns more energy to the ball for higher launch and faster ball speeds.
- HIGH MOI DESIGN WITH TUNGSTEN - SPEEDBACK adds more mass low and wide compared to a conventional game improvement iron. 33 grams of tungsten is combined in the heel and toe in the 4-7 iron, increasing MOI for maximum stability, higher inertia, and substantial improvements in ball speed, distance and forgiveness.
- BEST IN CLASS FEEL - A 3-piece multi-material medallion combines aluminum, TPU (Thermoplastic Polyurethane) and acrylic foam. These lightweight materials damp vibrations to promote a softer, more responsive feel that is not normally found in a game improvement iron.
- +CNC MILLED FACE AND GROOVES - CNC milling is a highly precise manufacturing method that is typically only found in forged player's irons. This process allows us to create perfectly flat faces, and precise lofts and groove shapes in every iron we manufacture.
- PROGRESSIVE SPIN TECHNOLOGY - Progressive groove shapes are CNC milled into each face to optimize spin performance in the long irons, mid-irons and wedges.
- PROGRESSIVEHOSEL LENGTHS - Shorter hosels in the long irons (4-6) lower the CG to increase launch and distance, medium hosels in the mid irons (7-9 iron) create a gradual transition from the long irons and taller hosels in the wedges (GW-SW) raise the CG to promote control and accuracy
- Cobra King F9 SPEEDBACK Iron Sold Individually:
- #4 Iron - 19.5° - Component No Longer Available
- #5 Iron - 22.5° - Component No Longer Available
- #6 Iron - 25.5° - Component No Longer Available
- #7 Iron - 29.5° - Component No Longer Available
- #8 Iron - 34°
- #9 Iron - 39°
- Pitching Wedge - 44°
- Gap Wedge - 49°
- Sand Wedge - 54° - Component No Longer Available
- Available Shafts:
- KBS Tour 90 Steel Shaft available in Regular & Stiff Flex
- Recoil Graphite Shaft Available in Senior (Lite), Regualr & Stiff Flex (+$15.00)
- Cobra Lamkin Crossline (58+) Connect Black Grip
- Available in Right & Left Hand Models