Cobra King MIM Wedge
Cobra King MIM Wedge is the first to feature a fully metal injection molded (MIM) head construction. A process utilized to create highly intricate shapes, MIM Technology delivers precision shaping and thickness controls to promote truly exceptional feel and performance in a specialty wedge.
- WHAT IS IT - The KING MIM Wedge is the first wedge to be manufactured using a Metal Injection Molding Process (MIM), resulting in our softest and most precise wedge ever.
- WHO IT'S FOR - Whether you find yourself playing off of tight lies, deep rough, and bunkers, this wedge will give you much needed versatility that is suited for every type of golfer.
- WHY WE MADE IT - Metal Injection Molding (MIM) is a highly precise manufacturing process that is used to create detailed and intricate shapes. While it has previously been used to create smaller shapes like tungsten weights in golf clubs, we are the first company to utilize MIM to create an entire golf club head. Unlike castings and forgings, MIM produces a nearly perfect head shape that requires minimal post-process and no hand polishing for a more precise wedge with incredibly soft feel.
- WHAT IS METAL INJECTION MOLDING?
- PRECISE PROCESS FOR THE BEST PERFORMANCE. MIM is a highly precise process used to create intricate shapes that casting and forging processes don't allow.
- PERFECT SHAPING FOR PURE SHOTS. MIM produces 50% tighter shape and weight tolerances compared to cast wedges.
- A FIRST OF IT’S KIND. COBRA is the first company to use this process to manufacture an entire golf club head.
- HOTTER THAN FORGING - During the sintering process, the head is heated to a hotter temperature than forgings and closer to the melting point. A higher temperature is key to creating a uniform grain structure that enhances feel.
- SMOOTHER GRAIN FLOW - Comparing the grain structures of cast and forged metals, MIM consistently produces smaller and more evenly-spaced voids (holes) in the metal, resulting in softer feel.
- CNC MILLED FACE - Each wedge face is precision milled to deliver exact specifications for maximum performance. A circular milling pattern optimizes roughness, and creates sharper groove edges to maximize spin across the face.
- PROGRESSIVE GROOVES - Distinct groove shapes feature narrower, deeper grooves in the low lofts (50°-54°), and wider, shallower grooves in the higher lofts (56°-60°) to optimize spin on every shot.
- GRIND LIKE RICKIE. Inspired by Rickie Fowler's custom ground wedges played on Tour, an updated Versatile grind features additional toe relief to maximize shot versatility in all turf conditions.
- Available Models (Loft / Bounce):
- 50° Loft / 08° Bounce
- 52° Loft / 08° Bounce
- 52° Loft / 12° Bounce
- 54° Loft / 10° Bounce
- 56° Loft / 07° Bounce
- 56° Loft / 10° Bounce
- 56° Loft / 12° Bounce
- 58° Loft / 06° Bounce
- 58° Loft / 08° Bounce
- 60° Loft / 04° Bounce
- 60° Loft / 08° Bounce
- 60° Loft / 11° Bounce
- Available Shafts:
- KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 (125g) Steel Shaft
- Golf Pride Tour Velvet CONNECT - Black (48.5g) Grip
- Available in Right and Left Hand Models