Ping G Individual Irons and WedgesRevolutionary COR-Eye Technology provides four times the amount of face flexing for consistently faster ball speeds across the hotter face. A gain in ball speed and shot height generates more carry distance and a steeper landing angle. A specialized heat treatment creates Hyper 17-4 stainless steel, allowing for thinner, faster faces to gain distance.
- G irons are heat treated using a specialized process, creating a Hyper 17-4 alloy that is 40% stronger than traditional 17-4 SS. This allows the faces to be thinner and provide four times the face flexing with improved stability. The results are big distance gains and a higher peak trajectory for better stopping power so you can hit and hold the green.
- COR-Eye Technology generates sizeable distance gains by simultaneously activating the sole, face and top rail in flexing for consistently faster ball speeds across the hotter face. In addition to four times the face flexing, the G head is more stable and forgiving.
- Connecting the Custom Tuning Port to the sole creates a deeper CG that helps elevate the launch angle while increasing MOI for greater accuracy. At address, the iron’s refined look is created by a thin top rail, satin-blast finish and appropriate offset. An enlarged multi-material damping badge joined to the cavity works with COR-Eye Technology to optimize sound and feel.
- Contributing to improved performance in the G irons are PING's proprietary AWT 2.0 Ascending Weight Technology shafts, an optimal combination of physics and feel. They get lighter as they progress from the short irons to the long irons. Lighter long-iron shafts help square the clubface to increase clubhead speed for distance and accuracy. Short iron/wedge shafts are heavier for improved trajectory control and feel.
- Sold Individually:
- #4 Iron - 21°
- #5 Iron - 24°
- #6 Iron - 27°
- #7 Iron - 30.5°
- #8 Iron - 35°
- #9 Iron - 40°
- Pitching Wedge - 45°
- Utility Wedge - 50°
- Sand Wedge - 54° - Component No Longer Available through PING
- Lob Wedge - 58° - Component No Longer Available through PING
- Stock Shafts:
- Ping AWT 2.0 Steel Shaft
- Avaialble in Regular, Stiff and X-Stiff Flex
- Ping CFS Graphite Shafts (+$12.50)
- Available in Soft Regular (Senior), Regular and Stiff Flex
- Other Available Shafts:
- Ping CFS Steel Shafts - This Component No Longer Available
- N.S. Pro Moldus3 105 Steel Shaft
- True Temper XP 95 Steel Shaft
- True Temper Dynamic Gold Steel Shaft
- Precision Project X Steel Shaft
- Available Grips:
- Ping 5L Stock Grips
- Ping 5L Cord Grip
- Available in Right and Left Hand Models
A Ping G Serial Number is required for all PING G Individual Irons.
The Serial Number can be found by looking at the Hosel on your current PING G Irons.
Please place the serial number in the space provided. Your PING G Iron Will be built with the exact specifications at your other PING G Irons.
A Maximum of two clubs can be ordered at any one time.