PING G400 Crossover Hybrids
The second generation of the Crossover combines the precision and control of an iron with the ball speed and forgiveness of a hybrid. Fast ball speeds, a higher max height and straight ball flights provide unmatched versatility.
- Tungsten Weighted - The maraging C300 steel face promotes fast ball speeds, higher launch and 30% more stopping power, with upgraded acoustics. A 20-gram tungsten toe weight increases forgiveness, resulting in 17% tighter dispersion.
- Thinner, Hybrid-Style Sole - Bounce and camber were reduced to thin the sole and achieve more consistent turf interaction, which translates to increased forgiveness. A premium Hydropearl Chrome finish reduces friction 40%.
- Iron-Like Gearing - A forward CG placement helps generate 40% more spin and 45% less shot bend to ensure straight, stable trajectories. The flatter face performs with iron-like efficiency, sets up square and is easy to align.
- Alta CB Shaft - PING’s proprietary counter-balance design allows for more mass in the head to increase energy transfer. Color-Shift Paint Technology means the vibrant copper shaft paint transitions to nearly black as you address the ball to eliminate distraction.
- Available Models:
- 3-Crossover - 19°
- 4-Crossover - 22°
- 5-Crossover - 25°
- Available Shafts:
- PING AWT 2.0 Steel Shaft available in Regular, Stiff and X-Stiff Flex
- Ping Alta 70 Graphite Shaft available in Senior (Soft Regular), Regular, Stiff and X-Stiff Flex
- Ping Tour 90 Graphite Shaft available in Regular, Stiff and X-Stiff Flex (+$30.00)
- Available Grips:
- Ping 5L Rubber Grip
- Ping 5L Cord Grip
- Available in Right and Left hand models
- Headcover Included
PING offers a variety of shafts to meet your needs and preferences. Selecting the proper shaft flex for your swing will help you get the most distance and accuracy from every shot. Generally, players with faster swing speeds require stiffer shafts to keep the ball trajectory lower, while players with slower swing speeds will require more-flexible shafts to produce a higher ball trajectory.
Generally, the same shaft flex as your irons in graphite will produce the optimal trajectory in hybrids, but it is not uncommon for players to have a different shaft brand, type and/or flex in their Crossover. A small number of golfers with faster swing speeds may want to consider a steel shaft.
We recommend that you get fit for the shaft that allows you to play your best golf. Whether that’s a softer, lighter shaft with a higher launch or a heavier, stiffer shaft with a lower trajectory, a PING Certified Club Fitter can help you find the shaft that brings consistency to your game.
PING offers a variety of grip sizes and styles to fit different hand sizes and texture preferences. Since grip size influences your wrist action, and therefore the direction of your shots, it is commonly used by fitters to affect ball flight.
PING color-coded grips are available in six different diameters, and can be further customized with grip tape according to your needs. Once the neutral grip color code has been determined based on hand measurements, golfers may consider smaller diameter grips to help control fades and slices, or larger diameter grips to help control draws and hooks.