Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth Wedge Clearance
The Glide 2.0 Stealth wedges’ 8620 carbon steel head and precision-milled grooves deliver a softer feel and higher-spinning shots for greater control. The tour-inspired Stealth finish, which yields less glare and makes the head appear smaller, is applied using a QPQ (Quench Polish Quench) process for added durability. Fits the game and the eye of players for whom performance and appearance go hand in hand. An extremely precise wheel-cut milling process developed by PING’s engineering and manufacturing teams enables grooves with a sharper edge radius, which increases interaction with the cover of the ball at impact, creating more friction for improved spin and trajectory control.
The grooves in the lower-lofted wedges (46°, 50° & 52°) are milled with a 20° sidewall and a .005" edge radius for optimal full-shot performance. The higher-lofted versions (54°, 56°, 58° & 60°) are milled to a .004" edge radius and a 28° sidewall to impart more spin, especially around the greens. In testing, Tour players are seeing spin-rate increases of 1,000-1,500 rpm on partial shots (40 to 70 yards) and gains of more than 500 rpm on full shots when compared to their current wedges.
By spacing the precision-milled grooves closer together, PING’s engineers designed the lower-lofted options with one additional groove (compared to the original Glide wedge) to increase spin and control on full shots. The higher-lofted versions feature two more grooves for more spin on chip and pitch shots. The soft, 431 stainless steel heads are distinguished by a hydropearl chrome finish, which adds a new level of performance by repelling moisture for reduced sole friction to prevent fliers.
Key refinements to the four sole grinds (SS, WS, ES, TS) ensure Glide 2.0 wedges can be fit to your divot depth or attack angle and most common turf conditions. The SS Grind has an all-purpose mid-bounce sole with heel and trail edge relief to create versatility on touch shots around the green. It's ideal for moderate attack angles and divots so the SS Grind fits most golfers. The WS Grind's full-sole design provides turf security if you have a steep angle of attack. The TS Grind, a PING WRX-inspired design based on the Tour-proven half-moon grind, facilitates shot making and precision from even the most difficult lies. The heel relief allows shots to be executed with an open face to difficult pins or from firm lies without fear of the lead edge sitting too high. The ES Grind was inspired by our Eye 2 wedge and its sole design delivers the ultimate in bunker performance, resulting from the classic dish profile along with the tapered hosel. A refined lead edge upgrades all-around performance with the iconic ES grind.
Like the original Glide, Glide 2.0 wedges are engineered grip to sole. With our proprietary Dyla-Wedge grip (3/4 inch longer), you can be a more versatile shot maker and achieve trajectory control on every shot. Reduced taper further enhances shot making. To promote lower launch with enhanced feel, the custom-engineered PING AWT 2.0 Wedge shaft is optimized in weight (118g), flex and balance. The KBS Tour, Dynamic Gold, N. S. Pro Modus3 105, XP 95, and Project X are also available at no upcharge.
- ES Grind - SS sole comparison: Eye 2-inspired sole design provides the ultimate in bunker performance, resulting from the classic dish profile along with the tapered hosel. A refined lead edge upgrades all-around performance with the iconic ES grind.
- SS Grind - SS sole comparison: An all-purpose mid-bounce sole with heel and trail edge relief to create versatility on touch shots around the green. Ideal for moderate attack angles and divots. Fits most golfers.
- TS Grind - SS sole comparison: A PING WRX-inspired design based on the Tour-proven half-moon grind. The TS grind facilitates shot making and precision from even the most difficult lies. The heel relief allows shots to be executed with an open face to difficult pins or from firm lies without fear of the lead edge sitting too high
- WS Grind - WS sole comparison: Full-sole design that provides turf security for players with a steep angle of attack. The reduced camber and added width prevent the sole from skipping into the ball
- Available Models (Loft/Bounce):
- 58° Loft / 14° Bounce
- Available Grips:
- Golfpride Tour Velvet Black Rubber Grip
- Stock Shaft: Ping AWT 2.0 Wedge Flex Steel Shaft
- Available in Right Hand models
Authorized Ping Dealer. However, due to manufacturer restrictions all Ping orders must be placed by phone at (888) 453-0102 (Toll Free)