Ping GMax Individual Irons and WedgesIn the GMax iron, PING engineers have created our longest, straightest model ever utilizing COR-Eye Technology, a revolutionary design that increases face flexing for faster ball speeds across the face to generate incredible distance. The wide sole design positions the CG low/back to maximize forgiveness. Progressive lengths and lofts are optimized for efficient gapping with the distance control and high trajectory you need to hit and hold more greens.
- Extreme distance is generated through COR-Eye Technology, which generates faster ball speeds from the simultaneous activation of the sole, face and top rail. With a diving-board-like effect, the ball springs off the face up to 3 mph faster than previous PING models and delivers a powerful sound. The faster ball speed is constant across the entire face, so even off-center strikes deliver longer, straighter results.
- The new cavity structure houses a concealed Custom Tuning Port that connects to the sole. With this deeper position, each iron's CG is lower and farther back for extreme forgiveness and higher launch.
- The wide sole design positions the center of gravity to maximize forgiveness, leading to shots that launch higher and land softly. An enhanced leading edge, more trailing-edge relief and refined bounce optimize turf interaction and ensure solid contact
- Longer blade lengths and increased offset contribute to the ease of playing the GMax iron. Distance-generating lengths and lofts optimize gapping with the distance control and trajectory you need to hold more greens. In the 4 thru 6 irons, lighter swingweights make it easier to square the face for faster ball speeds and longer, straighter shots. The 4 thru 8 iron faces are heat treated using a specialized process that strengthens the material by approximately 40%, creating a Hyper-17-4 alloy and allowing the face to be thinner for greater flexing and faster ball speeds.
- Two PING shaft choices and four popular after-market stock options make it easy to match a shaft with your ball flight and feel preferences.
- Sold Individually:
- #4 Iron - 21°
- #5 Iron - 24°
- #6 Iron - 27°
- #7 Iron - 30.5°
- #8 Iron - 35°
- #9 Iron - 40°
- Pitching Wedge - 45°
- Utility Wedge - 50.5°
- Sand Wedge - 56°
- Available Shafts:
- Ping CFS Steel Shafts
- N.S. Pro Moldus3 105 Steel Shaft
- True Temper XP 95 Steel Shaft
- True Temper Dynamic Gold Steel Shaft
- Precision Project X Steel Shaft
- Ping CFS Graphite Shafts (+$12.50)
- Available Flexes: Soft Regular (Senior), Regular, Stiff or X-Stiff Flex
- Available Grips:
- Ping 5L Stock Grips
- Ping 5L Cord Grip
- Available in Right and Left Hand Models
A Ping GMax Serial Number is required for all PING GMax Individual Irons!!
The Serial Number can be found by looking at the Hosel on your current PING GMax Irons.
Please place the serial number in the space provided. Your PING GMax Will be built with the exact specifications at your other PING GMax Irons.
A Maximum of two clubs can be ordered at any one time.